A few weeks ago after seeing the boar in the Forest of Dean, we travelled up through wales in the van and ended up staying for a night in Angleysey. To see the best of Angleysey's wildlife we werent there at the best time of year but there were still some cool things to be seen.
The first place I went to was South Stack cliffs which at the right time of year would be rammed which loads of seabirds like puffins and guillemots but in late summer there wasn't a great deal to see. I was there though to tick off a new species. Angleysey is one of the best places in the UK to see Britians rarest corvid; the chough. When I got there I saw them pretty much immedietley but they were a good distance away from me in the air. After a good look around I managed to locate where they seemed to be landing on a cliff face really far away. Luckily my camera has a really good lens on it and I managed to stay still in the extreme winds to get some pictures:
The next day we drove south to a reserve called Cors Ddyga which was a bit dissapointing but in the winter you can see bitterns there so it must be good then. We did see some stonechats and a frog though:
That's all for today's post. Remember to leave a comment and thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment