Ever since I first went to the forest of Dean six years ago, it has always been my number one aim to see and even better get a picture/some footage of a wild boar. They' are an animal I've always been fascinated by and the Forest of Dean is the best place to see them in the UK. If you haven't read my last post then go and do so as this is a part two to that one.
First thing in the moring at a crisp 6:am I headed out to where I saw the boar through my thermal imaging camera, but this time in the hope of seeing them in the daylight. I didn't see any boar, but did see some deer. This is a female fallow deer:
This roe deer walked out on the path in front of me:
Here is another I saw of to the side of the path:
After failing to see the boar around where I saw them the night before we headed to an RSPB reserve called Nagshead that was recommended by some walkers for seeing boar. We arrived and looked at the recent sightings board that did include wild boar so we headed down the paths and to the hide where they had been reported. After a few minutes we stopped and I had a scan with my thermal camera along the edge of a small field. It picked somthing up along the woods edge before dissapering into the ferns. We had the camera ready and watched as the tops of the rustling ferns got closer to us, a bit like in Jurassic Park. But it ended up being jurassic pork as 5 wild boar appeared suddenly on the path in front of us before suddenly realising we were there and sprinting off back into the ferns, snorting and squeling loudly.
No comments:
Post a Comment