Sunday, 2 August 2026

Devon Deer

 I left my camera trap out in some woods in the devon countryside and I got loads of footage of a roe deer buck chasing about a female (normal behaviour in the rut). Ignore the times and dates as they are wrong. I also move the camera to a different location to the woods as you will see halfway through the clips. Here is the footage:









While checking on the camera over the week I saw the male deer twice. The first time I spooked it and it quickly ran away. The second time it was about ten metres away from me and then strolled deeper into the woods. I didn't have the camera with me but I went back to where we were staying and returned to the woods about an hour later with the camera. It didn't take me long to spot it sat down in a bush about 20-30 metres away:





This video shows you how far away it was:


I walked around a bit to get closer. It paid off, and I got my best ever deer shots. I'm so happy with them:


That's all for todays post. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment